Over 50 recipes to enhance community functions in either the iOS and OS X environment
About This Book
- Use a number of Apple and third-party APIs to boost either server and patron networked applications
- Shows you the way to combine the entire third-party libraries and APIs together with your applications
- Includes pattern initiatives for either iOS and OS X environments
Who This publication Is For
This publication is perfect for builders that are looking to create community functions for the Apple OS X or iOS structures. All examples are written in Objective-C utilizing XCode because the IDE. wisdom of Objective-C and X-Code is essential.
What you are going to Learn
- Create patron- and server-based functions with the BSD socket API
- Create shopper- and server-based purposes with CFNetworking
- Publish, locate, and attach purchaser functions with servers utilizing Apple's Bonjour library
- Use the AFNetworking library to hook up with web-based services
- Connect to web-based companies utilizing the MKNetworking library
- Explore the LibNET packet building library in OS X
- Get to grips with the LibPCAP packet trap library in OS X
- Discover Apple's high-level APIs to hook up with units through Bluetooth
- Connect units with a Bluetooth connection
Darwin, which varieties the middle set of parts for OS X and iOS, is suitable with the only UNIX Specification model three and POSIX UNIX. for this reason OS X and iOS are UNIX working platforms. whereas there are various books and articles written to coach community improvement in a UNIX surroundings there's unusually little devoted to educating community improvement in particular in an Apple surroundings. during this ebook we'll be overlaying the traditional UNIX networking stack with BSD Sockets in addition to Apple's frameworks like CFNetworking and Bonjour.
"iOS and OS X community Programming Cookbook" is a charming code-focused publication on constructing shopper and server purposes for the iOS and OS X environments. you'll combine a few Unix (BSD Sockets), Apple particular (CFNetworking, NSMutableURLRequest, Bonjour) and 3rd social gathering APIs (AFNetworking, MKNetworking) along with your personal apps.
"iOS and OS X community Programming Cookbook" starts off through displaying you the way to construct either shopper and server purposes utilizing the BSD Socket Library in addition to Apple's CFNetworking library. The pattern code comprises samples for either iOS and OS X.
It then covers tips to upload Bonjour to put up, locate, and attach to prone. this is often used to create peer-to-peer purposes over neighborhood networks. eventually it indicates how one can combine third-party libraries like Libnet, LibPCAP, AFNetworking, and MKNetworking with the reader's apps.
A lot of builders don't realize that iOS is an entire UNIX-based working process that includes a complete set of networking APIs. those APIs can be utilized to create either shopper- and server-based purposes within the iOS surroundings in addition to OS X. utilizing the Apple's Bonjour library you'll tips on how to submit, locate, and attach the providers jointly with out hardcoding the relationship info. There also are a few third-party APIs that may be used to simply attach iOS and OS X functions to web-based providers. eventually this booklet will disguise numerous low point libraries like LibNET and LibPCAP at the OS X environment.
"iOS and OS X community Programming Cookbook" will disguise numerous UNIX, Apple, and third-party libraries and APIs. The publication will express the consumer find out how to combine all of those libraries and APIs with their applications.